1. Aam Admi Party (AAP; new party by Kejriwal) fought election in Delhi on the pretext of corruption plank on Congress government. Vowed not to take support from any party. After election AAP formed government with Congress support.
2. Praja Rajyam Party (PRP; new party by Chiranjeevi) fought election in Andhra Pradesh as 'clean' alternative to Congress. After election, supported Congress and later merged with Congress.
3. Nationalist Congress Party (NCP; new party by Sharad Pawar) was formed in Maharastra as alternative to Congress as Sharad Pawar was expelled from the Congress party for criticizing Sonia Gandhi on foreign origin issue. After elections, NCP forms government with Congress in state and in center
4. Janta Dal (Secular) Party (JD(S); by H.D Deve Gowda party) formed as alternative to Congress in Karnataka. Before election, keeps equidistant from Congress/BJP but forms government with Congress after election in state and in center.
5. Trinamool Congress (TMC; by Mamta Banerjee) came into existence to fight against Congress but formed government with Congress many times.
6. Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP; by Mayawati), Samajwadi Party (SP) (by Mulayam Singh Yadav) fight every election blaming Congress. After election support and form government with Congress.
7. Left Front parties blame Congress for everything before election. After election, support and form government with Congress in left-right-center.
It is the only Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP), which is different. The choice is clear: if you don’t want to bring Congress into power, don’t vote for any ‘other’ party. Else, Congress will manage to sneak to the power any how like it did in recent Delhi election. The other side is equally true. Vote any party to bring Congress into power. Nonetheless, credit should be given to the Congress as how it manages to bring its staunch critics (before election) to its ardent admirer (after election)? Congress show these smaller parties that 'baap, baap hota hai; bete jaoge kahan'. ;-). One should learn the arts of politics from it. However, it only suggest that these political parties can say/promise anything BEFORE election and do anything AFTER election. Take for example Mr. Kejriwal. He came to power painting BJP and Congress with same color and even going the extent of swearing in the name of his children that he would not support or take support from these two parties. But after election, he was a changed man. Is there no ethics in politics? Or these political parties take for granted that public has very short memory? Well, betraying people may work only for a short term. Only good things sustain in long term. See, a party with just two seats in 80s is now poised to cross more than 300 seats in the coming Lok Sabha election. This just cannot happen without moral values being ingrained in the party.
Anyways, the choice is very clear before the voters: BJP vs. any party. You decide.